Project Tracker: Easily create S curves from your favorite planning software
Project Tracker is a Windows based application that imports project information from Primavera P6, Microsoft Project and Asta Powerproject* to create S-Curves which are used to analyze the progress of the project.
Most project management software does not provide in built S-Curve capability; therefore users must export data to spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel to plot the curves.
This method requires a number of steps and a certain level of knowledge including how to add resources or costs to the plan, how to create time phased exports from the PM tool, how to open the data in the spreadsheet and how to create graphs from the data. Project Tracker eliminates all of these steps.Aside from the number of steps required to export data from PM software to a spreadsheet; this method can be acceptable as a reporting medium but the problem with this method is that the analytical possibilities are not available as the data is now disconnected from the actual plan.
Therefore rather than just importing the data required to plot a curve Project Tracker imports the activity data and is able to optionally plot a Gantt Chart under the S-Curve allowing the project manager to assess which activites may be causing issues and what action can be taken.One of the key benefits of Project Tracker is that it will create an S-Curve using the durations of activities. To produce S-Surves using the spreadsheet method it has been neccessary to add resources and/or costs to all the activities in a project.
Project Tracker Key Benefits
- Import projects and baselines from Primavera P6
- Import projects and baselines from Microsoft Project
- Import projects and baselines from Asta Powerproject
- Create S curves without assigning costs or resources
- Create S curves without having to export to Excel
- View Gantt chart under S curve
- Data table showing S Curve information
- Fully configurable
- Easy to use and learn
- Filter by Portfolio, Project and WBS
- Filter by Resource and Activity code
- Batch print for multiple one click reports
- Text based progress report included
- Add text to curves
- Create and save views of filtered curves
- Dynamic feedback of progress status at any point
- Create forecast lines based on current progress rate
- Create recovery program lines
- Activity properties pane to view activities
- Save data to xml to share with other users
- Logo and version control on printouts
Absolutely no doubt about it – Project Tracker is fantastic.
The thought and attention that has gone into it is clearly evident. It is a package that anyone in construction should have in their toolkit. It takes out the hassle of transferring data to other applications and gets away from having to grapple with Excel charts.”
I have successfully used your product on mining feasibility study project for my Client Oz Minerals to report progress every 3 weeks
I had the baseline in place and then marked up progress in Primavera P6 and then imported these into your software . This produces a simple but effective S curve to show the progress for the reports.
Project Tracker helps us track the progress of our projects easily, and communicate with our customers in a way that explains progress and trends at a glance.
Get In Touch
Suite A-29-06 No 3 Jalan SS 2/54, SS2, 46300 Petaling Jaya Selangor Malaysia
Tel: (60) 37 9312306
Indonesia – PT EDPMedia Crown Indo
Jl Kedoya Angsana Blok A2 no 35, Jakarta 11520
Tel: (021) 580 5828, 580 5829
Fax: (021) 580 3004
Vietnam – Crown Systems Vietnam Ltd
Crosscoop Center, Floor 12A, Vincom Center, 72 Le Thanh Ton Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam
Tel: (848) 35285398
Hong Kong – CS Global Group HK Ltd
1701, 17/F, On Hong Commercial Building, 145 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong